Yes, I said rotten. As in my bathroom was previously molded, developing termite damage, and teeny tiny! While I couldn't necessarily change the size of it, I was able to open the space up. We ripped out the shower. Well, actually we ripped it all up! When the original contractor said that if I wanted no ledge around the shower bottom, he would have to cut up my chosen tile, then I decided to do something a little out of the ordinary.....drum roll please....CONCRETE. You would probably assume as I did that this means you can just tear up the existing floor and expose the original concrete but no no no! You have to have it repoured and sloped to create an automatic draining for all the water.
But aside from that we did subway tile, piping for the shower rod, marble trim, the perfect grey for the walls, and a stunning shower rain system. I'm currently working on making my own shower curtains because of course we need everything custom. My favorite touches are my Jonathan Adler sconces, wood inlays around the door, and as a result of a damaged door jam during demolition, a barn door painted in Behr Marquee Gray Wood paint.